Thursday, September 29, 2011

Rain Rain Go Away

It has been raining what seems like forever. Yesterday was so dark. It was dreary and grey and really brought me down. I took to the couch ( or my bed, one and the same) a few times.

I tried to take pictures of more of my stuff to list on Etsy but I didn't like how they turned out. My trees need to photographed in natural light, the yellow indoor lights mutes the beauty of the beads and wire.

I was hoping today would bring more sun but it doesn't appear that way, besides my daughter grabbed her camera on the way out the door to skool this morning.

Speaking of rain we had the loudest Thunderstorm around 6 am this morning. Woke me up. *Not Happy*

Anyway, I have just been crafterbating again, checking out what's on the web. Ya know I am all for repurposing ( I hate the throw away mentality society has acquired) and NO I dont ascribe to the Global warming theory, but do agree we need to repurpose and cut back on waste as well as eating healthy and organically.
I love browsing websites, just surfing from one link to the next, however....Have you ever seen some things created or repurposed where by you go..."Just Because You can, Does NOT mean You Should!" I have. From Condom dresses, to Toilet paper wedding gowns and even t-shirts made into girls dresses.
Some things should never be attempted. I realize that some of these are art challenges ( ala project runway - NO I don't watch that show, thanx) But still, IN the vein of cutting back and sustainability you go out and buy up 3 gross of toilet paper to make dresses? HMMMM I don't really consider that saving anything. Oh and YEA you can wear these dress, so they say..What happens if it rains? Wanna see more TP designs? CLICK ME!

Oh and the condoms? I hope they weren't USED UGH! YUCK!

Pin It