Monday, July 27, 2009

Frugal Tips, Repurposing, and They came from the Sky

I ran into some blogs this morning and found some useful frugal tips...These 2 were posted by MJ @ Making do with the not so new


Make Your Own Baking Powder

Why buy baking powder when you have the 2 ingredients that make it up in your cupboards? Also, making it yourself will keep aluminum out of your ingredients. (Store bought baking powder contains aluminum.)

Baking Powder is
1 part baking soda
2 parts cream of tartar

So if you need 1 T baking powder (1 T is equal to 3 tsp) use 2 tsp cream of tartar and 1 tsp baking soda.

Don't make a huge mix of homemade baking powder ahead of time, make it as you need it for the homemade kind doesn't having shelf stability.

Homemade Deodorant

I was really tired of buying $2+ stick of deodorant that often didn't work. Plus, I am sure we have all heard the not-so-sure-deodorant-is-a-good-thing cancer and Alzheimer-wise, so I have fiddled with many things taking others suggestions offline, from family, etc. and have finally come up with something that works. It's my own "recipe."

I bought a little pump sprayer which I fill with rubbing alcohol. Then I have an ....( read the rest here)


Kristy @ Craftastica Posted about a tshirt bag she made.

I won't repost it b/c it is long but go check it out. I think i will make one of them. I recently spent time cutting and balling old remnamts to workable crochet thread.

Laughing Purple Goldfish has a post about her bags from Plarn and other fabrics she plyed into yarn.


Now the strangest thing just happened...I noticed as I was leaving the bathroom in my backyard Birds just appeared to fall from the sky...I thought GOD himself was coming down...I mean a massive amount of birds just all atonce landed in my yard...Robins but mostly sparrows Holy Crap. I ran for my camera and snapped a couple of quick pics before the flew down ward a feet towards my neighbors yard and then did it again.. a few more feet, etc...WHAT was that all about?

The only time I see birds all land in one area is on the farms when the turn the soil usually in summer and autumn, and those birds are the crows.
I wonder if there is some supernatural meaning to all this?

This is only a small portion of the birds that landed I had to snap quick as they were flying downward.

Pin It