Sunday, June 10, 2007

Following the chain reaction....And Finding Aliens

I landed here at Barbara Forbes-Lyons Site. She had a Tut on doing Mokume Gane the Lazy Womans Way...LOL....
After extruding all the cane toss it, squeeze it and roll it . When done it should look like Mokume Gane- sorta...
TADA..............
Yea, I know you can't see it all that well. Here is a slice of it, slightly stretched.


Here is a bead.

The bead with the strectched slice, it looks more like swirls at this point.


I also covered some eggs with the extruded cane, But I was not feeling it when they came out of the oven. On a good note I was not so frustrated by air pockets when i wrapped my eggs in this fashion, or by sliding cane. Can ya tell I have frustration doing the eggs? I am going to try embellishing them with some seed beads, or maybe rhinestones or crystals to cover the bad spots ( uneven fill ins)

Now the next question is, what do you get when you take a bored 12 yr old, a lump of kiddy clay, 2 glass marbles, and a broken fuschia beaded necklace?..................
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'

AN ALIEN!



I found this on the desk upstairs. My daughter was playing and somehow she made this.....LOL... Way to go Kylee.

Pin It