Sunday, June 10, 2007

Yea, I Did it..

I am so proud of myself. I made a drying Rack.

I needed something to put my beads on after sanding, polishing, etc... I didn't want to spend all that money on a drying rack, and I couldn't find a small enough size box to make one.

But I had this. It used to belong to my daughter, it was one of those buckets/bins, that was part of a shelving unit we used for her toys when she was a toddler.
I used a small handsaw and after measuring and scoring, I sawed some notches.
Then I had to find some mandrels. My daughter had some wire hangers that were left in her closet...I scooped them up and cut them down. I curled one end so I only had one side to worry about holding while spinning the beads and applying the finish ( Future floor polish) with a shader paint brush.

I am patting myself on the back for my invention!